Twelve adults, four kids under the age of 12, two kittens, two dogs, a case and a half of wine and one temperamental septic system (I’ve never seen Grandpa as happy as when the honey wagon pulled in on New Year’s eve), and we survived to tell the tale of Christmas 2014.
We spent the last ten days either lazing on a sofa watching movies, eating or playing in the snow. Throw in a few snacks, a game or two of cards, and some fat pants and you have a pretty clear picture of our holiday.
We had such a great time it’s tough to pick my favorite moment, but a few favorites, in no particular order were:
- Opening the beautiful ornament that Bronwyn made for me
- Making Snowmen in the yard
- Road trips to Noelville
- Skating on the river
- breathtaking sunrises
- Marc in the septic tank (thanks to him, we lived to flush another day)
- Girls winning the Minute to Win it games (good luck getting the title back next year, boys!)
- eating, eating, and more eating
But the best part of all was relaxing and spending time reconnecting with the kids and the family. Rest up Grandpa and Zjazja, only 360 days left til Christmas…