Findley called down to me last night as he was getting ready for bed.
“If you swallow something you shouldn’t, can it kill you in your sleep”, he asked. Hmmm, I thought, swallowing toothpaste isn’t that big of a deal, but I thought I’d go up and investigate anyway.
“What did you swallow”, I asked.
“Nothing”, he replied.
I explained that swallowing toothpaste or a goldfish would be no big deal, but poison or cleaners or battery acid, on the other hand, could do some damage overnight.
After a bit of prodding, he confessed to have swallowed a booger.
I assured him that, while extremely gross, there was no permanent damage to eating a booger or two.